Wednesday, January 22, 2014

To be or not to be...

I have grown so much in the last three years. I have found what I allowed to be lost.  5 years ago I was on top of the world.  High paying job, my own house...doing it all.  In the blink of an eye, it all vanished. I now believe it was God knocking me down a few pegs.

I am back to being someone I am proud of.  But, along with that still lies thoughts of insecurity, feeling just not good enough. I am not main stream.  I am not the average cookie cutter girl. It leaves me questioning what about me is not good enough. 

Is it really me that isn't good enough? Is it them that doesn't see what is standing before them. I am a different class of female...old fashioned I like to think.  Maybe that is the gap between finding someone to share my life with.  Someone who accepts me and likes me for me. I am not a size 6, my hair is not perfectly done at all times, make up...rarely, I am not trendy or fake. Seems to be what is wanted these days.  Sad and disturbing.

For now, I will continue being me.  Take it or leave it. It is not my loss....only theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment